Monday 18 May 2009

Fabric flowers


I Spend time every day hopping from blog to blog, I have my favorites and do what I suppose any other person blog hopping does, you find new bloggers when visiting regulars.
Anyway as well as card and paper I also have a thing for textiles and have quite a large stash of fabric and being a crafter, I never throw any away.
WHile blog hopping I found Caz's blog and a tutorial on making fabric flowers with a difference, they are burnt (well teh edges are anyway).
The original blog posting from Caz is here
For my first effort I used some organza fabric and green beads for the centre (we have a new shop called tiger that sell 2 bags of seed beads for £1).
I found the right card to put it on will post hopefully later but here is a picture of the 3 flowers I made, I just wish I could get the dimension showining, they look so much better in reali life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

June, they look fab. I am so glad you found the tutorial helpful...and I love the snipped in edges.
Caz
x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I was following a blog that only burned the edges. This works much better and I am going to try your snipped edges too! I am making gads of flowers for my wedding. Thanks to you and Caz for your inspiration!!